Recommended resources for your website
Good software makes everything easier. Here is a list of digital tools that I recommend.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Thanks so much for your support!
Elementor is the most popular WordPress pagebuilder in the world. It has over 5 million downloads. Why I like Elementor:
- It is super easy to build pages because it’s all visual, no code at all.
- Your can create pixel perfect designs. Just how we like it as designers.
- With the Pro version you can customise every part of the website.
- If you are working for clients you can buy multiple licenses at once.
- It’s popular so they are a lot of tutorials to find about it.
- It has amazing animation and scroll effects built in.
Hosting & Domain
Siteground shared hosting (best choice for most websites)
Siteground is the most loved (from most reviews) hosting provider worldwide. They aren’t the cheapest but deliver top notch performance.
- They are recommended by WordPress themselves as a good and safe choice.
- Their support is amazing. With 24/7 chat, phone and ticket support.
- They have a 1 click WordPress installer. Easy for everybody.
- Easy to use interface (recently updated).
View their pricing
Hostinger shared hosting (the cheapest hosting I could find)
I have searched for the cheapest hosting plan that I could find online. This is perfect for anybody on a budget that doesn’t need all the premium options. Also they give you a free domain for 1 year from 12 month plans.
View their pricing
Use the discount code: LIVINGWITHPIXELS to get an extra 10% discount.
Adobe XD is the new standard for UI / UX design. It’s part of Adobe’s Creative Cloud, which makes it perfectly to combine with other Adobe tools like Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You can design a clickable prototype for your website in minutes.
- It has an amazing features to design really fast so you can test different ideas.
- It has global settings making it easy to change all your artboards in 1 click.
- You can share your prototype with other people via a link and get quick feedback.
- It has cool animation effects built it.
Get Adobe XD
Crocoblock adds advanced functionality to your Elementor website.
- It comes with the amazing Jet Engine. Create your own custom lists, grids and advanced custom fields. All in 1 plugin (this also replaces ACF and CPT UI).
- Comes with JetSmartFilters, which is great for creating a filter for your dynamic content.
- A powerful Search feature to add to a website with Jet Search.
- Lot’s of extra widgets like a timeline widget that animates when you scroll.
Pro tip 1: They have a lifetime option, which is the best deal for the long term.
Pro tip 2: Check out all their features on this page.
Check it out
Use the coupon code: LivingWithPixels10 to get 10% discount. Important: it only works if you use the exact link that the button will link you to.
A very well designed library of unique Elementor Widgets to add more functionality and flexibility to any WordPress website.
- Very well designed widgets that don’t need a lot of adjustments to impress your clients.
- Very customisable (if you want to).
- Their starter package is for unlimited websites (you don’t see that often).
Check it out for yourself
Before one of my client website got hacked I thought that free security plugins were enough. Now I know better. iThemes is affordable and protects your websites a lot better.
- It’s the second most popular security plugin in the world.
- It keeps your website faster (faster than Wordfence).
- It has 2 step authentication, which keeps people with fake emails out.
- It’s affordable because there is an unlimited website package.
Check out iThemes Security
Stripe is the payment provider that most people use in the west (USA & Europe). It’s has a very easy to use and beautiful interface and will give you a lot of data graphs to check your stats.
- Perfectly integrates with Woocommerce on WordPress.
- Has lots of payment options (even Apple and Google Pay for example).
- It’s popular, so there is enough info about it online.
Check out Stripe
ManageWP is a tool that allows you to manage all of your client websites in 1 simple dashboard. This makes managing your web design business a lot easier.
- Update all of your client plugins with 1 click.
- Login to your client websites without remembering passwords.
- Create client report PDF’s that you can send to your client.
- It’s free!
Handy WordPress plugins
In this part I’ve compiled a list of plugins that I use and make it a lot easier to manage your websites.
- Rank Math SEO > Optimize every page for Google (more features than Yoast for free)
- Duplicate Page > Duplicate a page, post or template with a click
- Post Types Order > Change the order of blogposts or products without changing their date.
- ManageWP Worker > Easily manage multiple websites in 1 dashboard (my tutorial: https://youtu.be/IVJHCqq58MU)
- Antispam Bee > Simple and light Antispam plugin
- Elementor Custom Skin > Create a custom design with Elementor for your dynamic content)
- Custom Post Type UI > create custom blogposts that can be used for things like a portfolio or repeatable content in a list.
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP > Still a good choose to display Google Analytics in your dashboard (also your client’s)
- reSmush.it Image Optimizer > Super simple plugin to automatically compress images when somebody uploads it via WordPress.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, where I earn a commission if you make a purchase via my link. This helps me continue to create the free content that I put out. I will only promote companies that I really believe are worth your money. Thanks a lot if use my links to make a purchase.